Duluth Harbor Mission Day Shelter is a safe, quiet resting place for those who are homeless, hungry and those in need of a moment of rest. Homeless, addicted, abused, downtrodden souls are free to come in to have a hot coffee, tea or a donut, use the phone, read the paper, play a game and receive a hot meal.
We provide for laundry washing and drying as well on Mondays. See our Daily Basic Needs information.
We also give support to each specifically as appropriate. We strive to support and treat each soul to give respect and restore hope! We offer feet washing for the tired and weary as a service of care.
Support and other services available include:
- Recovery Counseling
- Job Readiness including resumes, coaching, mock interviews, clothes and transportation for interviews
- Clerical needs such as preparing and typing professional letters, copying
- Assistance with filling out forms such as general assistance applications or job applications
- Appointment assistance / transportation assistance
- Mail and message receiving for homeless
- Meeting space for individuals and County workers
- Free counseling provided for numerous needs such as drug addiction, gambling, alcohol, domestic abuse and parenting