Values, Vision & Goals
"For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans for good and not evil, to give you a future and a hope." Jer. 29:11
- We believe in one God, existing as three persons-The Father, Son & Holy Spirit.
1 John 5:7, Genesis 1:26-27, Hebrews 1:8, Psalm 110:1
- We believe that Jesus Christ was begotten by the Holy Spirit and was born of a virgin and is God in human flesh.
Isaiah 7:14, Luke 1:31-35, John 1:1, 14
- We believe the Holy Scriptures are inspired by God and through the power of His Holy Spirit, the Scriptures are inerrant. We believe they are the final authority in faith and life.
2 Timothy 3:15-17, 2 Peter 1:21
- We believe in the imminent return of Jesus Christ.
Titus 2:15-17, Matthew 24:27, 44, Hebrews 9:28, Revelation 22:12
- We believe in the power of God’s Holy Spirit to transform lives.
Romans 8:13-14, Romans 12:1-2, John 6:13-15
The vision for Duluth Harbor Mission is a facility that is a haven for men, women & children as they seek to find hope and purpose in their lives.
We soon hope to purchase or build a multi-unit facility serving the homeless and addicted with hot meals and overnight accommodations 24-7, 365 days a year. The vision is clear that the facility should be on the West side in the City due to the fact that there are no other overnight accommodations on that side of the town. Duluth is a City with a population of 80,000 plus that has effective shelters and soup kitchens, yet mostly located in the downtown area of the city.
As friends arrive at Duluth Harbor Mission they will be managed case by case with their needs evaluated by a staff member to ensure that they will receive the proper care they need in that moment. Each individual will be given information on the Hot Meal Program, overnight accommodations and rules pertaining to staying with us.
If a soul decides to stay for the night they will be provided with a shower, night clothes, a bed and a hygiene kit. Our staff member will also discuss the numerous programs offered through Duluth Harbor Mission that are designed to give direction and hope.
We believe in the healing power of Jesus Christ and that His promises from the Holy Scriptures are meant for all. Duluth Harbor Mission (DHM) is staffed with individuals whose lives have been changed through the power of God's own Holy Spirit. We want to share all God can do!
- MEET STANDARDS with the Association of Gospel Rescue Mission in their financial transparency program
- Build our volunteer base to 100 +
- Serving seven hot meals a week
- Speak at 30 churches
- Four fundraisers
- Activate five of our programs: Baby Essentials, Food, Family Support Group, Children’s Saturday, Duluth Harbor Mission Bible Class
- Participate in the AGRM Snapshot Program. (Tens of thousands around the nation are surveyed who utilize shelters and their programs. The data collected through snapshot provides local and national media with a demographic snapshot of homelessness and poverty.)
- To purchase or build a temporary facility to call our own on the West side of Duluth, MN
- Begin taking overnight guests
- Begin our New Day Program
- Start our Duluth Urban Outreach Opportunity Program (DU-OP), which will generate income for Duluth Harbor Mission
Anchored and committed to restore hope and rest to the weary, addicted and downtrodden through love, compassion and the Gospel of Jesus Christ.
Recognized by the MN Attorney General’s Office as a Charitable Organization with a 501(c)(3).
Any and all business pertaining to the formation and continued operation of Duluth Harbor Mission Inc. is available upon request.